Single Sign On allows users (entrants, judges, and conference registrants) to sign into the system using an existing username and password that they already have associated with your organization.
This means that users don’t need an additional password to remember and can continue to use a log in they are used to for their other interactions with your organization.
Single sign on also lets the OpenWater system recognize membership status of a user and allow for special price rules accordingly.
There are 2 kinds of single sign on options available
- Shared Authentication: Users sign in through OpenWater with their existing AMS / CRM credentials
- Handshake Authentication: Users get redirected to your AMS / CRM to log in, upon successful login they will be directed back to OpenWater
Users who do not have an account and need to create one can do so using the following options
- Shared Authentication
- Create an account via OpenWater and automatically populate the CRM / AMS (not supported by all CRM / AMS)
- Create an account via OpenWater but do not synchronize with CRM / AMS (new account only lives in OpenWater)
- Restrict access to only existing accounts
- Handshake Authentication
- User can create an account based on rules defined by your CRM / AMS